Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

BIOS - Everything Greyed Out

This is a discussion on BIOS - Everything Greyed Out within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had not checked my BIOS for months, everything in there was just the way I liked it, so this

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I had not checked my BIOS for months, everything in there was just the way I liked it, so this could have started 6 months ago.

Basically, everything is greyed out. The only thing I can select is the drives, I can get into most of the menus, though it's within that nothing is selectable. It's all exactly the way I left it though.

I've not changed any Hardware or had any other problems.

The 2 load Default options are greyed out, as is set supervisor password, I can't even change the Time and Date.

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2
AMD 2500+ Barton

Not sure what the problem is.

Vas.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Registered Member

If you have tried everything and nothing works do this..... turn the pc off take off the side panel, then on the motherboard take out the battery then remove the jumper next to it and put it on the other way for 3 seconds then put it back how it was, next place the battery back in and that should reset your cmos (Reset you BIOS) now try doing something. look in your motherboard manual for resetting your cmos..... if you dont understand.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

I fully understand, I've done this before.

My concern is if I reset it and still have the problem then I'm stuck with the default settings and not my settings, that would be bad.

Was hoping to understand why this is happening in case of the above.

Everything is setup fine for now, I'll probably leave it till I have to change something, then try a reset.

Thx.

Vas.