Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Audio / visual lag when loading webpages & programs

This is a discussion on Audio / visual lag when loading webpages & programs within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been dealing with significant audio and visual lag when my computer is loading just about anything it seems. It

Old 04-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've been dealing with significant audio and visual lag when my computer is loading just about anything it seems. It started around 2 weeks ago. I've reformatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows as I thought this may resolve it, but it has not.

Opening any installed program or loading any webpage (especially), will cause anything I'm listening to to become very choppy and I noticed that the mouse cursor will lag significantly as well. I'm guessing it must be hardware-related since I reformatted and am still experiencing it. I just don't know how to diagnose what specific part it may be related to.
garmo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Did you manually update/install all of the system/hardware drivers after reinstalling the OS? Don't rely on Windows to install system drivers.

Have you checked Device Manager to ensure there are no alerts/errors?

You can watch Task Manager to see cpu usage and see which processes are using the cpu. Also, list your full hardware specs.

JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Can you post your system Specs?

Right click This Computer, Then select properties.

it will show your cpu and memory installed, next click on device manager and see if you have any hardware issues, They will have a yellow question mark by the device that is not installed or a driver is missing.

CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

for full system specs download and install cpu z this will give you your motherboard make and model also your memory and graphics card and cpu.
steve32mids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

I was having issues with my computer interfacing with my printer that is connected via WLAN today, also. I decided to uninstall the VPN I was using as well as the third party anti-virus and firewall and switch to Windows Defender. I'm no longer experiencing any lag since making these changes.
garmo91 is offline   Reply With Quote