Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

ASUS p5v-vm se dh

This is a discussion on ASUS p5v-vm se dh within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear Guys! first of all i do hope that my "post" is correct. I am new here and i know

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Dear Guys!
first of all i do hope that my "post" is correct. I am new here and i know that not knowing laws does not mean you do not need to follow them...
Anyhow my problem is:
I have bought an asus p5v-vm se dh at march of 2007 and since than i could hardly use it for more than a month, since it hung up and switched off itself and did not boot up. basically i got all problems, what you can imagine. First when i put all the stuff from the paper-box into the house, than it didnt want to boot up and it did not put any signal to the periferias (not to the screen, nor to keyboard, etc). Than when finally it booted up, than i refreshed the bios, thought it should help, since the drivers etc were more than a half year old. But it continoued hanging up and sometimes even not booting up. Contacted ASUS they suggested to clear the memories with a rubber-gum i did it, then it booted up, but only few times than black-screen again (by meant of not starting up). Friends told me it could be the PSU if it supports less power than needed, but it is well over-designed for the configuration. somewhat around 500W and basically i have only 1HDD (500gig's samsung, sata sprintpoint or whatever) 1 dvd-rw a normal size of cpu-cooler and a chassi-cooler and thats all. The memory was kingstone's 2pieces of 1GB from the qualified vendor list and the CPU is intel core2duo e 6400. i spent a lot of money on it and it is f---ing annoying to not to be able to use my pc which i spent all my spare-money on...please help me and tell me what can be the problem. Asus stopped bothering about service-support and the seller do not respond on email, and i bought it over internet through ebay....
thx a lot and best wishes g.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
I helped the forums.

OS: XP-Pro Sp2 & XP-Pro Sp2 Tablet Edition, Vista Ultimate, Win 7

My System

Hello and welcome to the TSF, First thing to do is download the motherboard manual drom the Asus site if you don't have a copy..... Asus P5V-VM-SE DH Manual, then read the artical linked below about bench testing your system, read it carefully and follow all the steps to isolate what component is giving you a problem. I suggest you try one memory module at a time and see if either is bad, you may also want to try increasing the memory voltage in the bios to 2.1V, the manual will show you where in the bios to make that adjustment, save and reboot, post back and let us know what you find.
Closed Thread