Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

AMD Phenom 9500 running VERY VERY SLOW!!!

This is a discussion on AMD Phenom 9500 running VERY VERY SLOW!!! within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,
So I am somewhat new to the forums. I have a HP desktop model a6614f and am having some pretty serious issues with it. The biggest problem is I the computer is running abysmally slow. It has 6GB of ram, 640gb of HDD, and its CPU is a AMD 9500 Phenom quad core. I installed an XFX ATI 4850 video card a few months after buying the computer. All was dandy and then installed Windows 7 Pro onto the machine. Well as of a few months ago, the computer has started to run VERY slow. Now, Iím not sure if this started happening after I installed the video card, or before as I never really played anything on it after installing the ATI, but I have just recently been home and tried running an old game command and conquer generals and Iím getting probably like 15FPS, and thatís being optimistic. So, after playing with the bios a bit and trying to see if the onboard video is disabled, it indeed was. I then ran 3D Mark Vantage, and received a ridiculously low score of 4,306 points!!!! Thatís slower than my 4 year old computer!!!

I have no idea what to do and this is absolutely frustrating me. I tried researching to see if HP had a BIOS firmware update or if anyone has put one online, and I canít seem to find one anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Moody
p.s. I am outside of the one year warranty if thatís anything to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CPUz Screenshot.png
Views:	15
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	67872  

Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

what is the make and model of your power supply

open windows task manager / how many cpu cores do you see in the performance tab ?

also; please enter the bios

then report to use your

3.3 volts =

5 volts =

12 volts =

system temp =

cpu temp =

If you think a poor quality power supply cant make weird issues; think again!http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ot-458103.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ml#post2598903
Old 03-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

OK, so in task manager, I see 4 cores, but as far as the rails go I don't think they can be seen in my BIOS since this is HP's BIOS. Its very limited on what I can see and do. There aren't even temperature readings. The PSU: OCZ|OCZ600MXSP 600W RT
Old 03-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

So I just installed Senesors View Pro, and volts are reading as follows:

VCoreA: 2.04V
VCoreB:2.04V
+3.3V: 6.28V
+5VSB: 6.28V
+VBAT: 4.08V

Hope this will help!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Registered Member

[QUOTE=kassem277;2646688]Hi guys,
So I am somewhat new to the forums. I have a HP desktop model a6614f and am having some pretty serious issues with it. The biggest problem is I the computer is running abysmally slow. It has 6GB of ram, 640gb of HDD, and its CPU is a AMD 9500 Phenom

Check to see if your CPU heatsink is clogged with dust. I have this same CPU in a Gateway and mine does the same thing. It will slow down drastically when the cpu/inside of the computer becomes dusty. I live in the country and its dusty around here, I use a small shop vac that has suck/blow on it and I blow my computer out every 30 days, if it goes much longer then that it will slow down alot because its over heating and the CPU gets like a snail when its to hot. Using those little cans of compressed air is a joke, I take my computers outside on the deck and blow them out. Just dont get to close to the components with the nozzle because the air flow is very strong. I blow out everything, cpu heatsink, power supply from all openings in it, ram, video cpu and fan, all fans, ect.

voyager_lpadbbs