Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Acer Aspire M3641 Motherboard

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire M3641 Motherboard within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to install a samsung 1TB Hdd into this computer. It is loaded with Windows XP but gets

Old 03-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to install a samsung 1TB Hdd into this computer. It is loaded with Windows XP but gets the dreaded blue screen of death after the welcome screen, I am able to run this drive on my 2 test computers but it fails on the Aspire.

I am trying to find out what motherboard lays inside this model of computer so I can obtain the manual to see if I need to alter the jumpers to fit a Hdd as big as 1TB.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

the problem may lie with the motherboards bios / sata drives dont have jumpers

are you adding this drive as an extra storage drive? or are you replacing the original drive?

does the original drive still work and are you connecting the new 1TB drive to the same sata port on the motherboard & using the same hard drive cable?

If you think a poor quality power supply cant make weird issues; think again!http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ot-458103.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ml#post2598903
linderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

CPU-Z "might" ID the Mobo but try linderman's suggestions.
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member

I am putting this drive in as a sole drive, however I cannot get any drive to load any windows operating system on this pc. I am assuming that it is a motherboard or BIOS problem and that is why I am trying to get hold of the manual. I have identified the board as a MSI MCP73PV, but cannot find the manual available on the MSI website. Any pointers that I can get would be useful. The original drive wasn't in the pc carcass, but am using the cable attached to the port, so again an assumption that it is the same port.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

did you set the boot device to "dvd rom" drive (first boot device) in the bios so it will boot to the windows set-up disk prior to failing to boot into an unprepared blank hard drive?

If you think a poor quality power supply cant make weird issues; think again!http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ot-458103.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ml#post2598903
linderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread