Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

Acer Aspire M1641 Problems

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire M1641 Problems within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good Day Guys! I have a problem regarding Acer Aspire M1641 Desktop computer. These are the issues. 1.when I turn

Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Good Day Guys!

I have a problem regarding Acer Aspire M1641 Desktop computer. These are the issues.
1.when I turn on the CPU, fans,mouse,keyboards,etc. are functioning, but monitor nothing display.
2.It hangs up in the Acer logo permanently.
3.If computer works fine, when i restart the computer the issue 1 and 2 is repeat again randomly.

Can i us for your help to fix this problem. Thank you.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Can you access the BIOS (System Setup menu)

I would suggest testing the hard drive using the manufacturer diagnostics. Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Also test the Memory for several passes using Memtest86+ Advanced Memory Diagnostics

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the power from the system and open the case
-Remove the graphics card from the PC
-Clear the CMOS settings (removing the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes will suffice)
-Attempt to boot the PC using the integrated graphics

If unsuccessful continue:
-Remove all RAM and test with one stick at a time
-Remove any PCI card installed (modem,nic,sound,etc)
-Disconnect drives (storage and optical)
-Inspect motherboard for damaged capacitors
-Test with another PSU

Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Sir!
I've already remove hard drive, keyboard, mouse, cdroms, memory sticks but still it hangs in ACER LOGO. but when i try to remove the battery to reset bios,press F2 and it runs smoothly on windows, problem occur again when i restart the system.I can't press the delete to open the bios, because it hangs. Maybe there something wrong with the PSU or mobo sir? Thanks for you reply.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search