Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

02fa Main Fan Error

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
My laptop does shut down without reason freq., I noticed there wasn't any movement from the fan vent area. Thinking it needed cleaning I took it apart and cleaned, altho not hardly dirty. On restart it won't boot up, I keep getting the message 02fa Main fan error. The computer comes on, shuts down after 2 seconds. After doing cont/alt/delete 12-15 times I can keep the fan running, but even after hrs. the case isn't even warm, and the message continues. I tried using the heat sink compound accord to direction, it didn't help. I went to bios, don't have a screen that shows my temp so I can't get that. I have tried other things I have read others doing and it still has the message. Any ideas other than a new fan and heat sink? I appreciate your help and time. Ginny

#3 ·
I tried to power up with battery out. It didn't change anything. I read on you tube to turn off. Remove battery and adapter. Hold down on power button 30 sec. reconnect adapter and power up. Also read to take off ram and power up then. Still got message.
Tried to change bios, didn't help. Why would the computer case be cool to touch, not warm like usual and the computer has been on for hrs. does this make sense? thank you for your response.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

Not sure why the computer would be cool to the touch unless it was in a cold environment or it (the CPU) wasn't really running. Usually, the CPU in a laptop must have a heat sink and fan on the CPU because if it didn't, within a few seconds the CPU would start melting and start a fire.

Hopefully someone else will drop in here soon with some other ideas to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.