Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

yellow triangle with exclamation mark

This is a discussion on yellow triangle with exclamation mark within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My problem is that my computer is not reconnizing my dvd drives. When I go under computer and device manager

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

My problem is that my computer is not reconnizing my dvd drives. When I go under computer and device manager and look at drives they are there but their is a yellow triangle with exclamation point in the middle. Please advise how to reinstall both of my dvd drives. I have tried to uninstall and re-install.

Bubba Hanvey

Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Unninstall the drives in Device Manager and reboot. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers.

Have there been any changes to the system since the last time the drives were operational (software or hardware)? Or have you had the case open?

Google is your Friend!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
Unninstall the drives in Device Manager and reboot. Windows should automatically reinstall the drivers.

Have there been any changes to the system since the last time the drives were operational (software or hardware)? Or have you had the case open?
I removed the drives and rebooted but it still didn't find them., It had a problem loading the software. any advise please.

Bubba
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

Also there have been no changes to system and the case hasn't been opened.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

check they are listed in the bios

try a new data cable on them

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search