Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device site

This is a discussion on USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device site within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can not use my USB memory device. Windows xp sees it as a Removable device (USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device)

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

I can not use my USB memory device. Windows xp sees it as a Removable device (USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device) and invite me to insert a disk in it! I can not format it or do anything with it.

Can anybody help me?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

It is possible your drive has been damaged physically (dropped) or electrically (static or power surge).
Also I have seen these quit for no apparent reason that is why they should not be used for permanent storage.
Unfortunately there is not much you can do with them when they quit.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Cool

Hy i find a solution for your pen drive :"Y have the same problem with my pen drive"
1. If your led ,on the pen drive it's not flashing,or it's not ON, you have to make a Short Circuit on the pen drive circuit.
2.After Short Circuit you have to remove and insert your pen drive 2,3 times in your USB Device.
3. you must format your pen drive try frist Fat 32.
4.to make Short Circuit you need my foto and y wil seend you by e-mail
IT's FREE
If you need hellp you find me on Messenger My Id is : mircea852005
Old 03-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
Registered Member

I'm having this exact same problem with a friend's USBest powered USB stick - was a solution found?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hello prodimsa

Can you send me please the foto where i can see how to make short circuit...

by Tom
Old 04-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
Registered Member

Hi Prodimsa,
I'm having the same problem, but I still not know how I can make a shot circuit on my memory key. Could you send me the way (photo) to do that?
Thanks in advance,
Dandi.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Registered Member

Could you, please, send me instructions how to short the circuitry of the pen?
My private address is ****. I hope not being bypassing the rules.
Thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
Registered Member

hello prodisma can you send me your photos because i have the same problem: pc recognize my pen but when i want open it the pc says to insert a disk in drive, my mail if i can say it is: ****
Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yapee11

hey prodisma could you also send me the photos? tnx!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
Registered Member

i have been looking for a solution for this for about a yr. and i would really appreciate if someone could fill me in about this short circuit thing and this photo.....yea i would really appreciate it!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
Registered Member

Can you send me a copy of the photo that you describe. It would be a great help and I'd greatly appreciate it
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Registered Member

please prodisma help me on the same problem of my thumb drive, kindly send me the photo on how to fix it. Thank you very much
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 AM   #13
Registered Member

hey r u kidding abt the remedies or ur true?
the prob is serious, any idea abt the prob?
plz post the reply, those who have the remedy of this problem.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #14
Registered Member

I also need o short circuit photo
many thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #15
Registered Member

Hi i am also having the same problem can i have the short circuit photo?
thanks
Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #16
Registered Member

Wink

I got the same problem but the short-circuit solution seems is just a good joke. When I plug the stick I get the "Please insert disk message" from XP. I am trying to solve the problem but till I'll come up with a solution for Xp, I have to mention I've tried the stick onto my Ubuntu installation and it works fine. After all, it is an XP issue. For all the people mentioning having problems with this sticks my advise is to try them on some linux machine and see if there's any difference. Don't try any short-circuit jokes that might damage either your computer or the stick itself.
Cheers!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yapee11

Here's what I did and it worked but its not permanent. Insert your usb device on usb port, when it is shown at "My Computer" (sorry I'm not fully versed on these computer thingies) anyway right click on the removable device then properties. Under properties, there is a category named "Hardware" click on it then properties (there is also a properties category there), then choose uninstall. What happens is when you insert it on the same port, it will start installing the device. What you do next is insert the device on all usb ports on your computer then do the same steps mentioned here. When you insert it ona port it will be installed and then it will autoplay if it works (and considering the light on the device is on). What you do now is to copy all your files from the device to the computer. Well this can save your files, but it can't save the device. Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #18
Registered Member

Hey Guys....i Am A Electronics Engineer .. I Analysed The Problem Completely... This Is Bcoz Of Firmware Inside The Drive Getting Corrupted....so Dont Try To Short Circuit Its Waste....just Try To Upgrade Firmware From The Manufacturer....

Issue Occurence:
This Issue Occurs When We Unplug The Device While Transfering Some Content To The Drive...so Try To Safely Eject The Media To Avoid Future Failures...
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 AM   #19
Registered Member

Here is what I did to solve this problem. To focuse on the issue I clarify that my 1GB pen drive is branded Dikom but the system recognises it as "usbest usb2 flash storage".
I used to plug it in my car as music player and car's data storage and I think something wrong has happened during data transmission (like shutting off the engine during recording data).
Every computer used to see it and recognise the driver but it was not accessible.
What I made was to download the formatting utility from Dikom website (under Information Technology / Pen drive / Pen drive / light section / "utilities pen drive").
First time I launched it got a irreversible error and closed, the second time I only played a little on the various options (passwords, fast formatting, partition..) and it suddenly started to work!!! WIthout formatting, so I saved all my data. Now, I'm formatting again.
Hoping to have helped you.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #20
Registered Member

Ok, so I just searched Google for about 5 hours trying to figure out how to fix the USBest USB2flashStorage USB problem. What happened is the part of the memory that tells the computer how to access the drive and how big the drive is got corrupted. You need a program called "Super Stick Recovery Tool" made by kingmax. Don't worry that your drive isn't a kingmax drive, it will work anyway because it is just going to completely write over that little part of the drive that got corrupted. just go to "http://www.kingmax.com/en_04_download.asp?usn=2" and download
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.rar
you can open the rar file with winrar or 7-zip. Inside is
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.exe. Run it as administrator with the drive plugged in and click "Update"
about 5 minutes later-- Problem solved!

*Warning* This erases everything on the drive, I have no clue how to get data off of it before you do this, but at least you can have a working jump drive rather than a paper weight.

Just so you know, I only tested this on a Verbatim 8 Gb drive that had the exact same problems you described. I tried lots of other tools and they didn't work. Super Stick Recovery Tool Rocks!