Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device site

This is a discussion on USBest USB2flashStorage USB Device site within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Originally Posted by sullydog Ok, so I just searched Google for about 5 hours trying to figure out how to

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:14 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydog View Post
Ok, so I just searched Google for about 5 hours trying to figure out how to fix the USBest USB2flashStorage USB problem. What happened is the part of the memory that tells the computer how to access the drive and how big the drive is got corrupted. You need a program called "Super Stick Recovery Tool" made by kingmax. Don't worry that your drive isn't a kingmax drive, it will work anyway because it is just going to completely write over that little part of the drive that got corrupted. just go to "http://www.kingmax.com/en_04_download.asp?usn=2" and download
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.rar
you can open the rar file with winrar or 7-zip. Inside is
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.exe. Run it as administrator with the drive plugged in and click "Update"
about 5 minutes later-- Problem solved!

*Warning* This erases everything on the drive, I have no clue how to get data off of it before you do this, but at least you can have a working jump drive rather than a paper weight.

Just so you know, I only tested this on a Verbatim 8 Gb drive that had the exact same problems you described. I tried lots of other tools and they didn't work. Super Stick Recovery Tool Rocks!
You are great, sullydog!
I have been waiting for a solution so many years and then you found it.
Fortunately I did not throw away the USB device, so I have just brought it to life again.
Thank you

Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Registered Member

thank u sollydog , yes this program works with any flash disk it's amzing and you are ery helpful my friend , i thought there's no solution for this prob but u saved me but it's just 1 min to solve this problem and not 5 ok thank u very much i will not forget your help and this for every one in this from thank u sullydog

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
Registered Member

All is great, I suppose everyone who used this software was able to bring back to life their long dead USB sticks. However, putting aside the enthusiasm which I am sure everyone experienced when their USB stick came up again on the screen, does anyone have any clue on how to get the data back ?

It seems that no matter what recoveyr software I use it freezes during scanning, so does if I try to format it in windows or scan it with disk scan.

I'm curious whether anyone else ran into the same problem like me and managed to get the data back.

I'd appreciate if someone had any ideas.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #24
Registered Member

oh.....your so great..!!!thanks for this utility tool..!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullydog View Post
Ok, so I just searched Google for about 5 hours trying to figure out how to fix the USBest USB2flashStorage USB problem. What happened is the part of the memory that tells the computer how to access the drive and how big the drive is got corrupted. You need a program called "Super Stick Recovery Tool" made by kingmax. Don't worry that your drive isn't a kingmax drive, it will work anyway because it is just going to completely write over that little part of the drive that got corrupted. just go to "http://www.kingmax.com/en_04_download.asp?usn=2" and download
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.rar
you can open the rar file with winrar or 7-zip. Inside is
Super Stick Recovery Tool V1.0.2.19.exe. Run it as administrator with the drive plugged in and click "Update"
about 5 minutes later-- Problem solved!

*Warning* This erases everything on the drive, I have no clue how to get data off of it before you do this, but at least you can have a working jump drive rather than a paper weight.

Just so you know, I only tested this on a Verbatim 8 Gb drive that had the exact same problems you described. I tried lots of other tools and they didn't work. Super Stick Recovery Tool Rocks!
Hey guys,
My pen drives led is turned off during upload process. The process breaked at 95% for the last 50 minutes. Anyone can solve this?

Sorry bad english and tanks for ur help!
Regards from Brazil.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #26
Registered Member

The sullydog solution !!!

Salute
Old 04-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #27
Registered Member

Bump and bump!
Sullydog, you rock, man!

I could not mount the drive in my linux or mac rigs and my Xp machine couls not read it. I was ready to throw the drive away (since I dont have the packaging from PNY, RMA was a no go), but this post saved the day.

Thanks so much
RC