Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

[SOLVED] Sandisk Cruzer Edge

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Sandisk Cruzer Edge within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently aquired a sandisk cruzer edge with a digital photo frame(xmas present), I used it first for moving some

Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I recently aquired a sandisk cruzer edge with a digital photo frame(xmas present), I used it first for moving some files, great all good until i came to clearing it to put some photo's on it, it asked me if i wanted to delete all files?, I said yes, now my computer dosen't even know when i've plugged it in. Is this situation redemable, or, should i just go and get a new one?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Have you tried the device in other USB ports or another PC?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

With the drive plugged in go to Start/Run and type diskmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Disk Management window do you see your Flash Drive? Maybe it is now Unallocated space? If so, it needs to be Right clicked and Formatted FAT32.
If it is not listed in Disk Management, with the drive plugged in, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, do you see any devices with yellow marks or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Do you see an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now, unplug the Sandisk and restart the computer. When the computer finishes loading, plug the drive into the Back USB port of the computer not the front or through a Hub as these ports are weaker (a different one if you have a choice) You should get a new hardware wizard. If you don't see it in Explorer then follow the first steps.
spunk.funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Thanks for your help, it is now up and running again. I'm just a bit thick when it comes to computers!! Thanks again.