Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

[SOLVED] Lite-On eNAU108 problem...CD/DVD does not fit properly on tray??

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Lite-On eNAU108 problem...CD/DVD does not fit properly on tray?? within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just purchased the new Lite-On eNAU108-111 External Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer. It's a plug and play so I

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I just purchased the new Lite-On eNAU108-111 External Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer. It's a plug and play so I figured there would be no problems...I plugged it in and it is ready to use BUT when i tried to put in a CD it doesn't work because the black adapter looking thing in the middle prevents the cd from fitting on the tray properly.

I am not an expert on computers and such so i really need help on this. It's brand new, just came out in November. Anyway, How am I supposed to play or burn cd/dvd's if none of them fit on the tray. What I mean is, usually when you put a cd/dvd on a tray it FITS but because of this adapter looking thing in the middle, the cd/dvd sits atop of the little adapter thing and not the tray itself.

What I mean by adapter thing is, remember playing 45's back in the 50's-70's and they needed an adapter to fit on the "record player"? Well this adapter looks just like that but NOT flat/thin.

I hope you know what I am talking about and you can help me. thanks!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi jypsie welcome to tsf,

could you take a picture of the inside and attach it here?

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
hi jypsie welcome to tsf,

could you take a picture of the inside and attach it here?
Hi Oscer1, Thanks! I figured it out. I just had to snap the cd/dvd onto that adapter thing i was talking about. I was at first afraid to try that not wanting to break anything but someone said that is what I am supposed to do is to push it on the adapter til it snaps in place.

I like your photo by the way. Wolves are my favorite animal!