Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

SanDisk Cruzer Edge write-protected

This is a discussion on SanDisk Cruzer Edge write-protected within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I bought a SankDisk Cruzer Edge 4GB and I tried to run it but I can't. It says that

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I bought a SankDisk Cruzer Edge 4GB and I tried to run it but I can't. It says that I must install RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe, but it doesn't let me do that because it immediately opens a window that says that it is write-protected.
So, what should I do to make it work? it's a new device and I need to save some important files.

thanks

Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Enthusiast

SanDisk SecureAccess should already be installed on the Cruzer if it's new.
If it isn't, your problem has nothing to do with that particular utility which in
any case does not make the drive "read only". Sandisk SecureAccess just creates a "private area" on the flash drive to stop other people from accessing your personal files. It does not create a "read only" area.

Pre-installed software and installing SanDisk SecureAccess software

Try formatting it.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[HP 2133 Mini-Note] Bios is write protected
Hello everyone My 2133 bluescreens while booting: After a little googling I found out, that I need to update my BIOS to the newest version. My Problem is, that the mini won't boot from any USB media and has no optical drives. So I set up an environment to flash the BIOS via PXE. So far so...
hansihansi23 Laptop Support 14 10-03-2011 10:02 AM
reformat write protected drive
Hi I have a WD50 00BEVT sata drive which i took out of my old laptop and put in a new caddy. when i connected it by usb to my new laptop i was able to explore it and copy files over. when i took everything i needed i tried to format it to FAT32 using swissknife and my computer crashed on me....
paulmixup Hard Drive Support 4 06-06-2011 01:48 PM
How format a write protected USB drive with a blocked file
I have this problem: I can't format my USB drive because I get the message that it is write protected. I also have a blocked file on the drive which causes the drive to be write protected (I think). The file system is NTFS. The usb drive is an Intenso 16GB. Here's what i've tried: - regular...
mrmdsmet Removable Media Drives 1 03-30-2011 07:27 PM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 01:45 PM