Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

Removable Disks do not show up in My Computer!

This is a discussion on Removable Disks do not show up in My Computer! within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay so basically my main problem is SD cards will not work with my computer sometimes. about 1 month ago

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Okay so basically my main problem is SD cards will not work with my computer sometimes. about 1 month ago I stuck an SD card into my computer and the blue light did not show up...it did not show up in my computer. (comparison pictures included because I got print screens from when it was working. It's not my specific sd card because I've tried 5 of them even with card readers and they work on other computers fine.)

a few times it would just start randomly working and stop after a few days... Not exactly sure why.

currently I have a card in the computer, the blue light is glowing, but nothing pops up and nothing to be found in my computer. It may be that I do not have drivers installed...or anything a long them lines because I just recently reinstalled windows because I could not get the computer to boot. the cards worked after that though, so I'm not exactly sure. any other info needed just ask and I will try my best to tell you. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	computer.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	92343

Click image for larger version

Name:	computer 2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	92344

Old 05-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

If multiple cards are having the same issue, I'd suspect a card reader issue. Check Device Manager for any devices with a yellow !

Google is your Friend!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	device manager new.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	92381

I do not know what those problems mean, and I do not know how to fix them. Another problem I'm having is whenever my computer exits "sleep mode" it gets the blue screen and shuts down. I disabled sleep mode so the problem isn't bothering me now...but it's still an issue.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Hardware Tech Team

My System

What the make/model of the PC?

You need to install the Chipset drivers.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

You can get the drivers from the Dell website. Simply search using the Service Tag# from the PC.

Google is your Friend!
Closed Thread