Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

Lexar Flashdrive

This is a discussion on Lexar Flashdrive within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Lexar Twistrurn 8GB drive. It works fine on the laptop, but I place it on my desktop,

Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Lexar Twistrurn 8GB drive. It works fine on the laptop, but I place it on my desktop, PNP doesn't see it. When I install hardware, it seems like it can't find the drivers. I'm running XP. Lexar has no drivers for this device as far I can tell.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

There shouldn't be any drivers required for a flash drive. Have you checked device manager or disk management to see if the drive shows up there?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
JMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

In the device manager it is yellow with a error. It does not show up in the disk management. :(
Old 01-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support

Try these:
A computer that is running Windows XP cannot detect a USB flash drive, an Apple iPod, or an external hard disk drive
Why doesn't my computer detect my new USB device when I'm running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
JMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Right click the yellow mark in the Device Manager and Uninstall it. Now remove the Flash drive and restart the computer. Once the computer as started, plug the Flash Drive into the Back USB port of the computer not the front or through a hub as these are less powerful ports. You should get a new hardware wizard and it should install.
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I finally got the computer to find the flash drive. Now I have to figure wants gets unplug from the rear USB since all the ports are in use. LOL Being that access to back side of the computer, requires some long reaching, would a 4 port USB pluged in the back work for the Flash Drive, a USB Audio Device?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Put Your low powered devices (keyboard, mouse,speakers etc) in the front USB ports. If your running out of USB ports, consider a Powered USB Hub. Be sure it has separate power or you will run into problems.

spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote