Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

Kingston DT200 128GB Not Working/Corrupted Data/Not Formatting

This is a discussion on Kingston DT200 128GB Not Working/Corrupted Data/Not Formatting within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, i have a problem with my data stick, ive just bought a kingston dt200 128GB data stick, whenever

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all, i have a problem with my data stick, ive just bought a kingston dt200 128GB data stick, whenever i move a video, picture or any other file onto it, i can not view them, i plugged it into my xbox and it just comes up with a red X. The flash drive is in exFAT format, i've tried reformatting to NTFS but has been unsucsessfal many times, first i tried quick format and it failed straight away, then i done a normal format and it got right to the end then said failed. i have also used that free HP formater, but had the same results. I have changeed the flash drive to the better performance setting but still has the same results. O yea i have also tried using the CMD, which also failed

i am really stuck on what to try next, i have had a look at kingstons website and many other forums. Please Help!!, Thanks

Old 03-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Try formatting the drive using Killdisk. As it doesn't appear to have ever worked, it's also likely the drive is faulty.

Google is your Friend!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Did you buy it on e-bay? Whenever you buy a new flash drive the first thing to do is fill it to the MAX. Then you now it is what it claims to be, then move the contents back to your computer now you know it is good. Other wise you will eventually do the same thing real data you do not want to lose. I hear a lot of Kingston DTnnn china fakes are creeping around.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

oh yea I think flash drives have to be fat32. Not positive.