Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

HP USB not detecting

This is a discussion on HP USB not detecting within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear All, I used a HP 4 gb USB for installing windows 7 in my Lenovo Ideapad S100. I prepared

Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Dear All,
I used a HP 4 gb USB for installing windows 7 in my Lenovo Ideapad S100.
I prepared that bootable usb by using windows 7 to USB tool. But after installing that os , That USB was not detected by any pc. I have tried that in many PCs. Is there any problem with the USB or my USB was dead?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Boot Priority and make USB First Boot Device. Save and Exit. Restart with USB plugged in, if it does not boot, and USB is first boot, then the Flash drive was not created correctly. If you have an ISO image of Windows 7 use the Microsoft Store tool to create the Bootable USB Flash drive.

spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

I had tried all the ways. In the bios setup my usb is not detected.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Boot into Setup (Bios) by pressing F2 at startup. Go to Boot, Enable USB Boot. Save and Exit. Restart with Flash drive in. If this fails to boot from the Flash Drive, try booting the flash drive on another computer, if this fails, then the flash drive is not configured properly.
Try WinToFlash
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USB Wireless disconnecting
Sorry this is long but there is a lot of detail! My USB Belkin Wireless G Network Adapter seems to disconnect whenever I remove another USB device (usually a memory stick) from the PC. The problem started when I accidentally updated the driver via Windows. It didn't seem to work at all with...
altnetid Networking Support 34 02-25-2013 01:59 PM
Upgrade to W2003 R2 SP2 leaves USB Memory Sticks without Drive Letter
I have been helping a friend of mine to upgrade his W2K Server to W2K3. The upgrade did not go smoothly (it took forever) but in the end we managed to get it to work. Then we proceeded to update to current status with all the available patches. As it stands right now, it is up to date, stable,...
globus999 Windows Servers 1 01-02-2013 12:54 PM
USB 2.0 Issues Win XP SP2
please can someone help me I have been searching many forums this seems to be a widespread problem. Devices will not connect at 2.0 and give the usual "this device could be connected at hi-speed" and then shows the available ports. I have a Windows XP SP2 install on a Gigabyte GA-7VAXP. Spec...
DRic Windows XP Support 1 12-30-2011 04:48 PM
Virus: Network card, USB, Audio
Hello, It seems like I've run into quite the virus lately and was hoping that someone could help me out. While everything was working fine I tried to plug in a USB mouse and had no success. When I went to plug it in nothing popped up that it was recognized, so I decided to restart my laptop,...
Ajjr108 Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 11-04-2011 01:43 PM
[SOLVED] Windows XP not detecting ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter
Hi Tech Support Forum. A few months a go I got a PC and so I bought this ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter so I can connect to the Internet wireless. The OS for this PC is Windows 7 and the USB Network adapter works fine. Since I am a gamer, I want to switch the Wireless over to my other PC...
Magical-Trever Other Hardware Support 13 02-26-2011 09:33 PM