Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

Flash Drive not working...

This is a discussion on Flash Drive not working... within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi guys, my friend tried to insert any kind of flash drives in her laptop usb port, all of the

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi guys,

my friend tried to insert any kind of flash drives in her laptop usb port, all of the flash drive that she inserted was not working. But when I insert all of the flash drives that she was previously inserted on her laptop all of the flash drives was working properly in my laptop, her laptop and my laptop is the same brand. so i can't find the problem... can you help me guys for this problem?... pls..

Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

insert the drive, go to disk management and if if shows there, just assign a drive letter.

right click my computer, click on manage, click on disk management. It should show in the right column

Old 02-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's my one of my problem... it doesn't show in My Computer to change the letter of the drive. what I need to do?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

If it's not listed in Device Manager, it may be a hardware issue. Check to see if the drive is listed in the BIOS.

Google is your Friend!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechReader View Post
That's my one of my problem... it doesn't show in My Computer to change the letter of the drive. what I need to do?
Did you try what I suggested? What I suggested is what you do if not listed in my computer. It is one possible fix
Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

Sobeit I can't try your suggestion, because if I insert a flash drive to the USB port of her laptop her portable can't detect it and no drive letter displaying at disk management.

Is there any solution for that?...
Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Drives can be listed in Disk Management without drive letters. That was his point for checking. If it's listed without a drive letter, you can take action to correct it. If it's not listed in Disk Management, there is a hardware issue.

Does the drive work on another PC?

Google is your Friend!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
Registered Member

Ahhh... ok Dogg , name of the flash drive as well as the letter doesn't show at the disk management and yes the dirve is working at the other PC. I think you are right, it is hardware issue.

Can you suggest solution for this Dogg?...
Old 03-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #9
Certifiable Lazy Bum

to clarify - every row in the right column of disk management should have a drive letter. You did not have any extra rows without drive letters?

If no extra rows - what operating system on that computer? Any problems with other usb devices?

It could be the usb ports see the following for a couple of possible fixes for xp.

USB port may stop working after you remove or insert a USB device