Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Editing or converting home DVD movies in .VRO to...?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KeithEKimball 
#1 ·
Hi, everybody!

Well, this question goes way over my head. So here's the deal:

I have some old home movies that were actually on VHS. I bought a combined DVD/VCR recorder (manufacturer: JVC, model DR-MV150) and transferred the VHS directly to DVD. Yeah, I know there's nothing I can do about the crappy resolution and lacking a handy DeLorean I can't exactly reshoot those home movies.

But I was wondering if any of you could recommend a nice, freeware, easy to use video editor/converter that can work with .VRO files? Or even convert them into something else it can work with, then change them back? I'd like to add DVD-style chapter stops and titles, maybe even pop-ups with the family members' names onscreen and such, then burn them back onto another DVD. And I do like how .VROs will always show up full-screen in most any player.

Basically I'm hoping for a video version of Audacity for MP3 files, I guess.:grin:

#2 ·
Re: Editing or converting home DVD movies in .VRO to...?

ProjectX: ProjectX 0.91.0
MPEG2Schnitt: Mpeg2Schnitt 0.9.4
Cuttermaran: Cuttermaran 1.70
ImagoMPEG-Muxer: ImagoMPEG-Muxer 1.1
are all good freeware programs which give you the options to edit your *.VRO-MPEG2-files the way you want. MPEG2Schnitt even has the option to use Freeware-MPEG2 encoders so that you can cut at every frame you want and only the few frame which have to be reencoded are reencoded the remaining part of the clip just will be copied without reencoding.#

The output then as demuxed MPEG2-m2v-video file and AC3-audio file can either be used for DVD authoring by programs which used separate demuxed files or they can be remuxed with ImagoMPEG-Muxer into a standard MPEG2-program stream mpg-file which can be used for DVD authoring.

#3 ·
Re: Editing or converting home DVD movies in .VRO to...?

Nice! You've given me many, many choices there; I'll have to download a couple and try 'em out.

Seriously, thank you very much. I don't have a head for this stuff myself and no techie friends whose advice I'd trust.

Umm...do I mark this thread as solved or do you? Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.