Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD/CD Drive won't eject

38K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I just set up my new PC yesterday, Dell XPS 8300. The drive was working fine, I made my repair discs.

Today I went to open it by pressing the eject button, and it wouldn't open. I tried doing it manually from windows 7, but it says: An error occured while ejecting 'DVD/CD-RW Drive (D:)

I went to device manager and it says the drive is working fine.

I think I might have disabled something I shouldn't have. I was in msconfig and services all day yesterday disabling programs from startup and such. Any idea on what I might have disabled?

#6 ·
Okay, it's working!

Windows re-installed an old driver from 2006, the one I uninstalled was from 2011.

I googled the driver looking for a newer one, and installed it. It works now but it still says the driver is from 2006. Oh well, as long as it works!

#9 ·
@WillGitarded Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator in the Elevated Device Manager, right click the DVD drive and choose Uninstall. Right click any device and choose Scan for Hardware Changes. This will reinstall the current driver. or you can right click the DVD drive/Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver to choose an older driver that was working

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.