Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

cloning / mirroring external hard drive

This is a discussion on cloning / mirroring external hard drive within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. could somebody suggest if this mirroring of seagate external usb 250 portable drive is possible?? immediate problem is that i

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

could somebody suggest if this mirroring of seagate external usb 250 portable drive is possible??
immediate problem is that i cannot recover data from the disk which is only a year old with only single partition. the disk comes on the file explorer after a while and i cannot access the data directly.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Enthusiast

If you can't access the drive (if that's what you are saying), a disk-imaging program would also have the same problem.

But if you already have the required software it would do no harm to try, though I would try doing it outside of Windows if you have a bootable CD which runs the disk-imaging software. That will stop Windows getting in the way of the process.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
External hard drive not being recognised
Hi, My external hard drive last night started playing up. I was watching a movie and at points it would freeze and I would have to close my media player and reopen and skip about a minute of the movie as it would always freeze at the same points. I tested with another video I know worked a few...
shonfield Hard Drive Support 16 02-16-2011 10:57 PM
Can I use an SAS hard drive as an external PC hard drive?
Hi there, I have an HP DG146abab4 10K SAS 2.5" hard drive. I am wanting to connect this to my PC as an external hard drive. I bought an external case, but the connections are different. Do you know what I need to do in order to connect it? Thanks KS
koalasprint Removable Media Drives 1 02-08-2011 08:23 AM
What is the best way to unplug my external hard drive when not in use?
Hello there, I'm sorry if it may have been posted somewhere on here before, but I did a 10 minute search on the fourm but was unable to find a similar cocern to mine. I just recently bought a Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB hard drive WD10EARS to back up our...
killerjonan Hard Drive Support 3 01-28-2011 02:28 PM
LaCie external hard drive problem
Hello, i've got two LaCie Grand Hard Disk (1 TB ones). I've used one of them for almost a year now and the other one i have hardly used at all. Now my problem started when i controlled the other external hard drive with my Eset Nod 32 Smart Security. It might have deleted a file (autorun file if i...
kalmer Hard Drive Support 5 01-13-2011 12:58 PM
[SOLVED] Replacing exsisting SATA hard drive problem
My external hard drive recently stopped working. I have found that this due to a problem with the USB chip, so I have removed the hard drive from it's casing and am trying to find out how to get the information from it. My thoughts were to try and connect it to my desktop PC internally where I...
grantrough Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 01-03-2011 02:19 PM