Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

CD ROM NOT WORKING ON HP DV6000

This is a discussion on CD ROM NOT WORKING ON HP DV6000 within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, My CDROM is not working on my laptop. I uninstalled my apple products and even tried uninstalling/reinstalling my disk

Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello, My CDROM is not working on my laptop. I uninstalled my apple products and even tried uninstalling/reinstalling my disk drive. The light on the cd rom is yellow/orange. I was able to open the cdrom, but now I can't open it when I push the button. But I also hear the disk turning as I restart the laptop after each try of unistallling and reinstalling drivers. Can anyone tell me what is going on??

I have determined all of the above plus that my.computer is.not recognizing the driver all together.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Remove and re-insert the drive to make sure seated properly.

Is the drive listed in Device Manager? If so what is the status?

What driver are you uninstalling?

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Computer does not detect my CD Rom anywhere
Hi there experts, I've been reading your responses and know i'm coming to the right people who can help me. I've been having this problem with my CD Rom since i installed iTUNES. iTUNES gave me a warning that it was unable to detect the CD rom and since then i've been unable to open my cd...
JayasriN Laptop Support 1 02-05-2012 05:16 AM
CPU suddenly stopped working
9400Q My computer was working perfectly fine. I played games smoothly (the pc was as it always have been) etc. Then I went to the kitchen to drink some water and when I was back there was no image on the screen and the sound of the computer was changed. I opened it up and saw that CPU...
DestroManiak Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 07-24-2011 06:56 AM
HP Wireless Assistant not working
I'm using the Compaq Presario CQ60 228US For about a week now, I've been having the issue with my wireless button staying amber and not working. When I press it, it says amber, and gives me the message "WLAN: off" and if I press it again, I get the message "WLAN: disabled". If I go to...
kingjd Laptop Support 1 07-17-2011 07:40 AM
Black Screen After Windows Loading and Reset Buttons Stops Working
Here is My Problem: No Beeps or any Sound (I don't know my internal speaker working or not, It should be working as i have rarely got any problems, but this problem is huge). Usually i'm able to troubleshoot my problems but this one showing No Sign of errors or warnings like beeps or bod!!! ...
crashnburn Other Hardware Support 1 06-26-2011 11:28 PM
Web Interfaces not opening even after Port Forwarding is said to be working !
Hi guys ... I'm encountering this strange problem which has baffled me to the ground, and which I haven't encountered even after years of doing port forwarding .. ! I am hoping somebody here can help me solve this mystery .. My network configuration is as follows: I have a DSL modem...
ahmadka Networking Support 2 06-24-2011 12:39 PM