G'Day bobw9000, and Welcome to TSF!
Try this workaround to rectify your problem.....
Note: If you have any CD-writing software product/s [such as, Nero™.] installed on your computer, you need to uninstall the software before you remove the registry keys.
You can do this in Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > scroll down the list for the particular program/s and follow the prompts to uninstall the software.
InCD is a program that's associated with CD-writing programs, and will need to be removed as well.
1. Click Start, > Run.
2. In the Open: box, type regedit, > OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Exit out of regedit, and then restart the computer.
Reinstall your CD-Writing software, and test the devices.
Once you've done this post back, and let us know the results.
If it works, Don't fix it!
Especially if Microsoft made it!