Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Removable Media Drives

Acer Aspire dvd driver not working

This is a discussion on Acer Aspire dvd driver not working within the Removable Media Drives forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear Tech Support, Hi, am using acer aspire 4930g. It was recently formatted to upgrade from vista to windows 7.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Dear Tech Support,

Hi, am using acer aspire 4930g. It was recently formatted to upgrade from vista to windows 7. Thereafter my dvd driver is not detecting any type of cd or dvd, Please be informed that my device manager says that my dvd writer is installed and working properly. Hence Please guide me with a solution.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi krishnach welcome to TSF,

Uninstall the drive in device manager and restart the computer it will install driver after the restart. also try this Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Portal 2 Black Screen issue
Hey guys, first post here. I bought myself Portal 2 yesterday on Steam, and instantly I'm getting the black screen of death issue. I've tried tones of things to get rid of it, but none have worked completely. Most just prolong my gaming time untill the black screen attacks me once again. So I have...
Oxcide PC Gaming Support 24 08-10-2011 11:28 AM
assassin creed 2 choppy
Hey guys I need help in assassin creed 2 itís choppy and itís not cool in that way so this is my dxdiag info . please hurry up just tell me what is making it choppy and I will replace it with new one and by the way my monitor is an old CRT could that be the trouble ??? ...
koloss11 PC Gaming Support 6 07-26-2011 12:03 AM
[SOLVED] Rootkit problem: hidden boot sector.
Dearest Techies: I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron N7010 Notebook. A few days ago the computer would not start and took me to the windows 7 startup repair utility, and it was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. I ended up having to restore the system to factory settings to get...
Raygumm Resolved HJT Threads 60 07-03-2011 10:07 PM
Processor Help
I want to get a new processor, but im not sure what kind to get, or what kinds will work on my computer. I only use this computer for gaming, and everything passes the recommendations except for my processor. So could anyone recommend me a processor thats not too pricey but good enough for gaming?...
Brangun Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 01-29-2011 08:05 PM
Computer Slow, Unresponsive, Unable to Boot Time Scan
This is a friend's computer. He says (and I can confirm) that is is slow and unresponsive to a nearly debilitating degree. It is a Sony VAIO running Windows Vista 32-Bit. An Avast scan turned up one infected file, C:/Windows/MEMORY.DMP that was "successfully deleted," but Avast also says that...
I'mThatGuy Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 9 01-22-2011 12:35 PM