Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > TSF Sports

All Star Game

This is a discussion on All Star Game within the TSF Sports forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The home run derby was boring. I remember as a kid the All Star Game meant something. Pete Rose ending

Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
Manager, The Conversation Pit/Analyst, Security Team

Send a message via MSN to bry623

The home run derby was boring.

I remember as a kid the All Star Game meant something. Pete Rose ending Ray Fosse's career, seeing Steve Garvey and Mike Schmidt on the same field. Nolan Ryan, Steve Carlton and Goose Gossage on the same field. Getting to stay up late to watch a guy hit the game winner. Heck, I even remember going to Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium and voting for my favorite players.

Now though, the All Star game is just a joke. Baseball used to be the AMerican past time, but now it is a joke.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit

NBA is not doing good as well ....look at this year nba playoff tv ratings ...it was mediocre !

the sport that rule them all is Football (nfl)

TSF has outgrown its server, again. Please help

"Gutta cavat lapidem,
non vi sed saepe cadendo"
mimo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
Manager, The Conversation Pit/Analyst, Security Team

Send a message via MSN to bry623

Ichirio hits an inside the park homer.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Codeman0013 Send a message via MSN to Codeman0013 Send a message via Yahoo to Codeman0013

I must admint i'm an all around sports fan and player. I have played baseball since i was 4 and football since i was 9 now i play softball with all my highschool baseball buds. The allstar games an all sports are a joke. They are just to bring in money for whatever city posts them and most of the time its just a bunch of showing off. I havent watched the home run derby in like 6 years. IMO 4 hours is to long and hell they didnt even hit one in the water this year so whats the point. I do agree with bry though i remember when they all meant something. They are nothing but a joke now and IMO could be stopped. I mean come on barry bonds made the dang roster as a starter just because of the fan vote and lieelt 13 y/o kids voting over and over. I feel bad for hank aaron when he looses to barry i think i'm not alone in saying in most american's minds hank aaron will always be the homerun king since he didnt juice to do it. Im getting way off topic and need to stop lol. but yea ALL STAR = SHOW OFFS at their best.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus, The Conversation Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry623 View Post
Ichirio hits an inside the park homer.
no longer available

TSF has outgrown its server, again. Please help

"Gutta cavat lapidem,
non vi sed saepe cadendo"
mimo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote