Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xbox One long install times are over 2-hours.

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
I am not the most tech savvy person in the world, so why does installing an Xbox One game take so long? From a technical standpoint, what is actually happening during these installation process(s) that is taking me away from playing the game "right out of the box"?

Games, such as, "Rise: Son of Rome", "Wolfenstien", "Halo: the Master Chief Collection", etc. each took over two hours for me to install! In fact, "Rise" took so long that I went shopping one evening only to come back to the game still installing!

I have searched the Internet to shed some more light on this issue, and some have blamed it on the user's Internet connection. However, I have a fast, stable Internet connection and I never experienced any issues downloading games for my PC, downloading movies on my PC, or downloading games on other consoles. This leads me to believe that this is an Xbox One issue but I just can't figure out why. It is such a huge problem for me that I have stayed away from buying Xbox One games.

If anyone could explain this to me as to why it is taking so long for my game to install, I would greatly appreciate it! I just want to play my games when I get them.

Thank you!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.