Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Xbox 360 Turtle Beach X12

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 Turtle Beach X12 within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. New to the forums, looking for some insight on a issue with 360 and Turtle Beach X12 headset. My son

Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

New to the forums, looking for some insight on a issue with 360 and Turtle Beach X12 headset.
My son purchased the X12 about 4 months ago. A week ago he set them on his desk (fully functional at the time) and came back a short time after. At that time he found that the headset itself was functioning but his friends could no longer hear him.
I checked the cables for kinks etc...and did not find anything visible in regards to damage to the wires. I moved the USB connection to the front of the 360 and the problem still was still present.
Tested it on the PC with the same results. With this I assumed that the X12's have expired. (I believe they are still under warranty.)
I then purchased a standard wired headset from Xbox. This headset is simply plug into the controller and your good too go. This was not the case, the standard issue headset did not function either. With the standard headset there was no sound and the mic did not work.
We tried another wireless controller and the wired controller as well all the the same results.
I have confirmed the settings and based on my findings it appears that they are correct.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

This could have to do with the NAT setting with you and who ever you are communicating with. Do you know what NAT type you are? Open, Strict, or Moderate.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have checked the various settings and have not had any luck. Nothing changed the mic just stopped working.
What exactly are the NAT settings you are referring to?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Xbox NAT Error | Xbox NAT Warning | Strict or Moderate NAT - Xbox.com
Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Tech, Games Team

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

A moderate or strict NAT type may be causing these problems, the link provided by The JohnBoy will help, if not feel free to post back and we can begin the joyous process of troubleshooting console networks :).

Best of Luck,

Seal.

bwsealirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Registered Member

I will check this out and let you know. Thank you!!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
Registered Member

i am having the same problem and my nat setting is open and i tried a dif mic and it worked... my mic shows up but whenever i talk the mic icon doesnt light up or anything i looked inside the headset everything looked fine and i sent a email to turtlebeach but i dont think its underwarrantee an i lost my receat lol