Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

xbox 360 disk drive door wont open

This is a discussion on xbox 360 disk drive door wont open within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. finally have a few days off& want to learn how to use the kinnect but my son informed me that

Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

finally have a few days off& want to learn how to use the kinnect but my son informed me that the last time he went to use the xbox 360 the door wouldn't open ,,, of course, some phantom person must have broken into our basement & done something bad bc no one in our family seems to remember who used it last or how the door could be stuck
help!!!
thx,

frustrated trying to relax on my day off mom

Old 11-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

And here I thought "nobody" only lived at my house since he gets blamed for everything :)

Try gently prying the tray out while pushing the button, it's not unheard of for the tray in the 360's to get stuck or even the tray motor to fail.

Wrench97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The disk drive jams on itself quick frequently as it gets older....

with that said... Ghosts may truly be the cause

Few ways to fix this... Take the face plate off and grab a paper clip...

you will notice just under the disk drive face there is a small hole... you can push the paper clip through that and up and manually spin the gears... this is a little trick by works well...

My friend has the problem frequently and he just hits the top of his xbox above the disk drive and it opens. Not first thing I would do but as long as your not pounding on it no harm should be done.

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote