Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Xbox 360 black op disc help?

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 black op disc help? within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was playing Black ops on Xbox 360 and my xbox got hit and now my game doesnt work anymore.?

Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

I was playing Black ops on Xbox 360 and my xbox got hit and now my game doesnt work anymore.?

I was playing xbox and my sis threw a toy at me and missed and hit my xbox while it was running and now when ever i try to play black ops it cant read disc?

Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Hey mate, Welcome to TSF,

Do your other games work ok?

Also, is the disk scratched at all?

Cheers,
-Redeye

Games & Articles Team

Redeye3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Disk drives usually take quite a hit to get damaged....

I would assume that the disk got "eaten" and now has a ring scratch on it... correct?

If so the disk just needs to be repaired, its not broken just dirty...
there are a lot of ways to resurface/clean a disk... just let us know if you have any tools or if we need to improvise...
If the disk drive does not read the disk its probably because the laser assembly got knocked out of position...

Just cycle the disk drive a bunch and the drive will eventually get back into the correct position...

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye3323 View Post
Hey mate, Welcome to TSF,

Do your other games work ok?

Also, is the disk scratched at all?

Cheers,
-Redeye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxer View Post
Disk drives usually take quite a hit to get damaged....

I would assume that the disk got "eaten" and now has a ring scratch on it... correct?

If so the disk just needs to be repaired, its not broken just dirty...
there are a lot of ways to resurface/clean a disk... just let us know if you have any tools or if we need to improvise...
If the disk drive does not read the disk its probably because the laser assembly got knocked out of position...

Just cycle the disk drive a bunch and the drive will eventually get back into the correct position...
All my other games work and the game did get "eaten" and is scratched so now how do i clean it to get rid of it?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

First thing I would do is phone up local CD/DVD/Game stores and see if they have a professional disk resurfacer...

Many times they do and will only charge a few bucks to completely fix it.

If not you are either looking into buying a ~20 dollar one or doing some of the interesting DIY methods.

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxer View Post
If not you are either looking into buying a ~20 dollar one or doing some of the interesting DIY methods.
Some of them are questionable, like the toothpaste one, but if all else fails, it is worth a try. Plus, your disk will be minty fresh afterwards

Games & Articles Team

Redeye3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Tech, Games Team

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

If a disk is eaten I find the easiest way to remedy this is to get another copy off a friend and install it to the hdd. My call of duties are in a shocking condition but the hdd install works fine.

bwsealirl is offline   Reply With Quote