Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Um havin hdmi cable issue?

This is a discussion on Um havin hdmi cable issue? within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. 1 month ago I bought an xbox elite..hooked it ip to my 42" plasma LG tv through an old hdmi

Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

1 month ago I bought an xbox elite..hooked it ip to my 42" plasma LG tv through an old hdmi cable i had before...every thing was workin great..
and then i travelled and came back ...turned it on..and i found static noise and static lines on the screen...just on 1080p ..when i go to 1080i it works fine...borrowed another hdmi cable (6ft) from my friend..and it worked like a charm..so i went to radioshack and bought me a new hdmi cable (4ft) ..tried it on 1080p...it wasn't that flickery like the old one..just one static line every 10 mins.
i got another hdmi cable (3ft) and it was like the old one....so i bought a new one(6ft) and it's now workin perfectly...

so..is it my tv..hd cables..or my xbox..and why does this happen only on 1080p
i read an article before that some tv's need long hdmi cable to handle the enormous stream from the console or the dvd player..whatsoever ...any help guys ?

it was workin perfectly for a month..
and if it's not supportin 1080p..i mean the xbox..why it's there in my option list...and why it's highlighted

i was running my games on 720p and 1080i..and i noticed no difference..but when playin movies..there's a huge difference !

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecting Laptop to HDTV using HDMI Cable..Sound problems
I have connected my hdmi cable to my stereo box. I have it on HDMI 1. The video is fine. I can see everything but I'm having trouble with the sound. I went to Sound on my control panel settings and have chosen NVIDIA HDMI Output. When i click on test, i hear the sound going through my surround...
lukefernandes Laptop Support 0 06-29-2011 05:23 PM
big and weird issue. doesn't boot
Hello everyone. I am new on the forum. first oif all, i want to apologize for my english. You may find gramatical errors :laugh: So, here's the thing. yesterday my pc begun to suddenly shutdown itself, without any messages, like if someone umplugged the power supply. in the first hour when the...
falconsito Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 02-01-2011 04:50 PM
[SOLVED] HEADSET ISSUE: I hear my voice in my headphones.
I have XP 32-bit. The headset i am having problems with is called the Razer Carcharias. (yes, i have installed the appropriate drivers, please dont go there, i know you mean well but trust me.) HERES MY PROBLEM: Somehow, the sound going into my mic is being transmitted through my headset. As a...
Pez Dex Other Hardware Support 9 01-26-2011 02:28 PM
HDMI Output Issue
I have a HP pavilion laptop, and an hdtv. When I first connected the computer to the tv via hdmi, it worked for a day. Now, it works perfectly while the computer is starting up or shutting down, but while the computer is in use, the image is extremely distorted. You can make out most words n...
mycomputersuck Laptop Support 0 01-07-2011 08:22 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM