Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

[SOLVED] psp trouble

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] psp trouble within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey guys. i have a psp 2001 here. i bought it used. the problem with it is that it does

Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

hey guys. i have a psp 2001 here. i bought it used. the problem with it is that it does not read the memory card. everything else works perfect. the system software version is 6.20. need help. thanks

Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

i don't believe nobody has a fix for this problem. not even a guess???

Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Tech, Games Team

OS: Vista Home Premium sp2, Ubuntu desktop 10.10, puppy linux, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My System

Hi ahosein747

It may be worth your while to plug your psp into a pc and make sure all the folders are where they should be, i.e PSP/ GAME,MUSIC,PHOTOS, VIDEOS. etc.

Formatting the memory stick from the psp may also help, BUT THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR SAVES!!!!

If none of these work we will look at formating the stick from a pc.

bwsealirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Registered Member

ok so i tried all of the above and the psp just does not recognize the memory card. even the computer does not recognize the memory card when connected via usb. maybe the card reader is broken and needs to be replaced, or maybe the connection inside needs to be looked at. i dont know how the card reader is connected inside. let me know what you all think.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Registered Member

let me kno wat kind of mem card your using
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Registered Member

you know what. the card reader was broken. i opened the psp and metal contacts for the reader that were solered on were all broken off. i replaced it with another reader and it works fine. thanks anyway guys.