1. I have 3 360, 2 old and a slim. I've got an old one and a slim here at home, another old one at another location.
2. I bought a Sandisk 8GB XBOX flash drive and COPIED my GT and my Fallout New Vegas files to it so I could be more mobile.
3. Everything worked great the first night. Played for a couple hours, shut down okay, no worries. The next night, it acted like the flash drive had never been formatted. No GT, no game(s). I've got a LVL 48 character with 100+ hours on this game, so I really want to get it back...Of course, I got the GT back no problem, but the game...ugh.
4. I tried EASEUS to recover the data, and it pulled a lot of stuff off the flash drive, but nothing looks useable. Definitely not the "Data0000, Data0001, Data0002...etc" I expected. One folder does have a lot of files tagged as (unrecognizable) .zip files, and doing a hex view on them they look like they COULD be saved games, but I don't know for sure. If I could figure out to convert what it pulled off to a Xbox-readable format, that would be great, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
5. I checked the Xbox, and apparently it treats a copy exactly like a MOVE, because the game doesn't show up there either.
6. is there a tool to restore it at the hard drive? I saw Diskinternals Uneraser listed in a similar thread, but don't want to go down that road just yet if someone has a better idea or can confirm whether or not that will even work. I don't want to brick this thing, and as much as I want to get my saves back, I don't want to get booted off XBL either.