Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

PS3 to Hitachi 57S500 with HDMI-DVI cable

This is a discussion on PS3 to Hitachi 57S500 with HDMI-DVI cable within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Does anyone know the settings for both the PS3 and the Hitachi TV? I tried to connect last night using

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

Angry

Does anyone know the settings for both the PS3 and the Hitachi TV? I tried to connect last night using an HDMI-DVI cable and can't even get a picture.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Resident Pirate

My System

You may need to enable the TV to accept a HDMI input. All you have to do after that is tell the PS3 to use HDMI (Under Settings I think, I haven't got access to my PS3 so I can't tell you the exact place)

Old 12-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbadogs View Post
Does anyone know the settings for both the PS3 and the Hitachi TV? I tried to connect last night using an HDMI-DVI cable and can't even get a picture.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

I'm having a similar issue with my hitachi TV. I can't get an HDMI video source to show up through the HDMI-2-DVI cable that I purchased. I'm not using a PS3, I'm trying my satellite receiver and a DVD player, neither works. I haven't figured out yet if I have the wrong type of connector on the DVI end of the cable or not. There are 3 styles of DVI (DVI-D, DVI-A, and DVI-I). Each would have a slightly different pin configuration. Good luck, and please post here if you find something that works.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have found a solution for my issue of not being able to view HDMI on my hitachi 57s500. The fix is to use an HDMI-to-DVI-D Single Link cable. The key is the DVI-D single link. I tried 2 different HDMI-to-DVI cables initially but they were both Dual Link. The connector on my TV accepts a dual link cable, but the signal never came through.

As far as the original problem in this thread, I'm not sure what can be done with the PS3 since there is probably only one cable available and if it is dual link you might be stuck. Maybe you can find a converter/adapter that drops that connection back down to single link. Good luck.