Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Problems playing movie files on xbox 360

This is a discussion on Problems playing movie files on xbox 360 within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently got an xbox 360 and after much messing about, managed to play movies on it by converting

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hi, I recently got an xbox 360 and after much messing about, managed to play movies on it by converting avi / wmv files using videora xbox 360 converter and burning the files onto dvd-r discs as data files (about 5 movies per disc). The first disc worked fine after I went onto xbox live and downloaded an update to correct status code 51-COODF236. But then, the second disc I tried wouldn't play. I get status code 69-80070017 and it says the files are not supported. I read up on codecs, containers etc and think the issue might be that the files are not in 2 channel AAC LC audio or something, but i don't really know if that could be the problem. I need to know why some files play and some don't. It seemed a bit of a coincidence that all of the first disc was fine, but all of the second disc wasn't. I even tried palying the second disc while connected to xbox live, but no joy. I've tried a couple of xbox specific forums with this problem but noone can help. I have always been lucky on Tech Support and when I realised you guys deal with console problems as well as pc disasters, I thought I'd throw the challenge your way, ha ha! I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, as I am a babe in the woods at this point and my head is frazzled with all of the new tech terms and issues I am coming across on this topic.

Many thanks, Stephen

Old 01-18-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Games Team | Tech

My System

Usually use Nero Vision to to take a movie and convert it into regular dvd- video format. (mp4 format)

that works for the 360

http://folding.stanford.edu
If you have a problem, PM me and I'll respond in the thread you made.
power-supply-information-selection
Nvidia Drivers ATI drivers Direct X
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the fast response. The videora converter already converts the files into mp4, but for some reason, the xbox is being picky about playing half of them. I will try Nero vision though, in case it is covering something that the videora convrter is missing.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.

Stephen
Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Games Team | Tech

My System

good luck!

http://folding.stanford.edu
If you have a problem, PM me and I'll respond in the thread you made.
power-supply-information-selection
Nvidia Drivers ATI drivers Direct X
Closed Thread