Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Original Xbox problem; it won't turn on.

This is a discussion on Original Xbox problem; it won't turn on. within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I briefly browsed through some of the other threads, but I didn't see any that addressed my console issue: I've

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to realitytears
Exclamation

I briefly browsed through some of the other threads, but I didn't see any that addressed my console issue:
I've got a regular Xbox, un-modded, and I'm having some problems with it. At first, I'd start up a game (the Xbox was running fine during and before this), and during gameplay, it would randomly say that the disk was dirty and it would make me restart. I was playing Morrowind, so I figured it might be because of the large amount of information it has to process, but I'm sure now that it has nothing to do with the game. After this happened a few times, each a few hours apart, I decided to give it a rest. It wasn't unusual for me to have played it for long periods of time, but this hadn't happened before. Anyway, I came back the next day and went to turn it on; however, when I pressed the power button, the green ring turned on (not flashing), lasted for a few seconds, and then shut off, making a beeping noise. Then, without me having touched anything, it came on again a few seconds later, this time flashing only green before shutting off once again a few seconds later and beeping. Then, once again, it turns on, but instead of only flashing green, it flashes red also. It sounded like it was starting up, but if you look at the TV screen, it was as if the Xbox wasn't even turned on. I've tried it numerous times since that day, but it still won't come on. This all started about 5 days ago. I can't even get my disk out.
I have no idea if it's simply because it's old (though it's in good condition; or was) or if it's because there's something wrong with it that's fixable. I have another Xbox, but I'd hate to just give up on this one, considering the fact that I have a ton of saved data on it.
Hopefully someone can help me out with this. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to redsunx Send a message via MSN to redsunx Send a message via Skype™ to redsunx

try a differnet outlet and power cord

Old 06-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

I've already tried that, but it didn't help. :\
Old 06-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
Registered Member

Come on, doesn't someone know something about this?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to redsunx Send a message via MSN to redsunx Send a message via Skype™ to redsunx

it might be just dead dude
Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Registered Member

the lense might be dirty get a dvd lense cleaner or a cd lense cleaner and try that and if that does not work then i think it is slowly dying