Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

NDS Lite problems, connecting to a usb wifi adapter.

This is a discussion on NDS Lite problems, connecting to a usb wifi adapter. within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Okay, a buddy of mine just bought me a USB Wifi Adapter (Realtek RTL8187) and I've been fiddling with it

Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Okay, a buddy of mine just bought me a USB Wifi Adapter (Realtek RTL8187) and I've been fiddling with it trying to get my ds lite to connect.

In detail, I'll explain what I've done.

When I first plugged in the USB adapter and set it up as an access point I assigned it a 10-character WEP code, and the settings I set for it are Beacon Interval 100, DTIM Period 3, Preamble Mode - Long. Now, I don't know anything about wireless networks or any of that.

Now, with those settings I tried to connect my DS lite to it and it saw the access point, but at first it couldn't obtain an IP address so I did my best to auto enter the IP, gateway mask, DNS stuff and all of that. I MAY have done this part wrong, I'm not sure and I'd be more than willing to try it again with some detailed help.

But with the settings I chose, the DS lite still could not connect to the access point my wifi adapter created.

The things I'm wondering is if they're even compatible, which they may not be but I'd like to exhaust all other options before I attempt this.

Please, if you can help me I'd very much appreciate and I can provide any information you need if you ask for it.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Okay I just went through and manually set up the IP, subnet, gateway and both DNS as the Nintendo site told me to do, adding 10 to the last number of my IP address and such.

It still sees the access point but can not connect, and gives me the DS Lite error code 52101. I tried finding further assistance on the Nintendo website but they only offer help for wireless routers, not USB adapters.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] my internet keep getting disconnecting connecting
Hi.I'm new on this forum.I got problem with my internet connection.It keeps dropping then connecting by itself.I cant download anything because in the middle it just drops.My connection is wireless and is cable.My other housemates who have laptops like me have no problem with connection.I took my...
jumrose123 Networking Support 52 03-21-2014 06:18 PM
ipconfig "media disconnected" help please
My IP and whatnot is showing up, but also tons of "Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection". There may not be a problem since I can connect to the internet relatively easy and there is a wireless icon in my system tray. If there is no problem, I'm still curious about it. ipconfig Windows IP...
Pedr0NorthmaN Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 11-15-2011 11:25 AM
no internet connection at home
My pc will connect everywhere else but my house and my brothers laptop will connect at my house. I have no green light on my Ethernet cable, when I try to see my ip address it says media disconnected. I've uninstalled and reinstated my driver. I've also tried a few things that I've read on here...
danpull Networking Support 28 09-08-2011 10:14 AM
[SOLVED] Rootkit problem: hidden boot sector.
Dearest Techies: I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron N7010 Notebook. A few days ago the computer would not start and took me to the windows 7 startup repair utility, and it was unsuccessful in repairing the problem. I ended up having to restore the system to factory settings to get...
Raygumm Resolved HJT Threads 60 07-03-2011 10:07 PM
[SOLVED] Internet (Browsing) only works in safe mode
Hi all, Yesterday I picked up a laptop of a friend of mine which had some problems with the Internet connectivity. Turns out, Internet only works when booted in Safe Mode, however, it does ping in Normal Mode so there is connectivity. Tried IE and Firefox, both do not work in Normal Mode and do...
swriezebos Networking Support 2 01-25-2011 08:49 AM