Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

How to change you email address with the Xbox 360

This is a discussion on How to change you email address with the Xbox 360 within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I signed up with one address but i need to change it, How do i do it?

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #1

Location: Tech Support Forum, Online - Otherwise Brighton, United Kingdom
OS: Dual Booting - Windows XP Home Edition SP2 & Vista Home Premium

My System

Send a message via MSN to Jaymie1989

Hey,

I signed up with one address but i need to change it, How do i do it?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

You can't, unfortunately you're going to have to create a new account with the other email address.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

So you'll essentially need to create a new hotmail account right? I wanted to change my gamertag but I don't think I can unless I create a new hotmail address.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
Registered Member

You can pay to change your gamertag over Xbox Live. But once an email address is linked with a gamertag it is not possible to change it.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Don't be a menace

"It's all whacked" is the response I got form someone who tried it.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
Registered Member

You can change your email address if the email you registerd your gamertag with is NOT a @hotmail.com or co.uk
Old 08-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
I helped the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkendGlory View Post
You can change your email address if the email you registerd your gamertag with is NOT a @hotmail.com or co.uk
I tried to change mine to my hotmail account, and they said it was not possible.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Registered Member

you have to first create a new windows live id online, then using your xbox dashboard select your gamer tag, go to manage account, windows live ID, change live ID, select "yes I do" and then enter the password.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
Registered Member

After searching i found these 2 post which could be helpfull

Quote:
I talked to customer support about this and they said you can't as of right now. It's only used for your log in. I believe you can change your actual email address through the dashboard but the original will always be your log in.
Quote:
I dont know who told you cant change your email. I've changed it many times already. You have to change it online at windows http://www.passport.net/. Then you'll have to edit your GT on your Xbox to reflect the new Email. Dont listen to people about that it cant be done, I've done it, many times.