Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Console Gaming Support

Help connecting ps3 to wifi router via Apple AirPort Express

This is a discussion on Help connecting ps3 to wifi router via Apple AirPort Express within the Console Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all... I have been trying to use the Apple AirPort Express as a signal repeater to improve my PS3's

Old 06-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all...

I have been trying to use the Apple AirPort Express as a signal repeater to improve my PS3's wireless connection to my Sagemcom F@ST2304 router...

The firmware is up to date on both the router and the airport. The PS3 is also up to date (I can connect it to the web/PSN wirelessly through the router but the connection is poor.)

I've spent hours to get almost nowhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I first tried setting-up the airport to "join current network". but the PS3 couldn't detect it.

I then tried to make the airport set-up it's own network and this worked partially... The PS3 could attempt to connect to it but it always timed out when trying to obtain an IP address... The router and the airport won't connect wirelessly in this case..

Please help
-Chris