Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Security and Firewalls

web crawler question

This is a discussion on web crawler question within the Security and Firewalls forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a guy I am in a dispute with and I believe he created links to all of my

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Exclamation

I have a guy I am in a dispute with and I believe he created links to all of my websites to defame me and harm my companies as what came up when you typed in one of the companies names was a link with HIS company website url and then my company website in it and then if you clicked on it gave information about the suit and other horrid things he wrote about me...HE claims he never created the link that it was Google web crawlers that did, I highly doubt that could be possible for Googles webcrawlers do that and would like verification. Appreciate your help!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Management Team Networking

web crawlers don't produce sites or redirects.

I am sure a slander suit will take care of this.
Wand3r3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BCS Downloader
Hi, I apparently have the same issue as posted in this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/downloader-bcs-564732.html McAfee found and quarantined the referenced trojan in a scan on my system. I have followed the instructions and would sure appreciate your help in...
jdog Resolved HJT Threads 14 04-25-2011 03:31 PM
Help with computer slow-down and possible infections.
Hello, I have 3 kids that have been using my computer, for anything from gaming to downloading music etc. I have noticed that my computer has slowed down, and I get alot of the fake alert notices that my computer is infected...blah, blah blah. I do use McAfee virus and firewall. I do scan...
krh1326 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 03-28-2011 08:31 AM
Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox?
Greetings all. I came here in early 2009 with a problem and you guys were great, so I am hoping we can do this again. I noticed my PC (Win XP SP2) would give me false Google search results with Firefox. It would open the Google search results, but when you clicked any link it took you to a...
doctorwho737 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 20 03-21-2011 02:23 PM