Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Security and Firewalls

Virus/malware modified my Computer Administrator user account? (Picture provided)

This is a discussion on Virus/malware modified my Computer Administrator user account? (Picture provided) within the Security and Firewalls forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Everything goes fine until this morning. This morning, when I boot my computer, nothing happen but until reach the "Welcome"

Old 11-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

Send a message via MSN to NightFelix Send a message via Skype™ to NightFelix

Everything goes fine until this morning.

This morning, when I boot my computer, nothing happen but until reach the "Welcome" screen, a user account name "pywl$" ask me for password? I was totally surprise because nobody use my computer except myself and I never set a new user account and password.

I was unable to load into my desktop without the password! But with my computer knowledge, I boot my windows in Safe Mode and remove the password. Now I can safety load into my Desktop without any problem BUT... It no longer able to load into my original user account(Administrator) but instead of load into my new user account(pywl$).

I only able to select my "Administrator" account in safe mode but in normal mode I cant select but giving me another account(pywl$). So I change my logon and logoff options into Classic Logon Prompt. So I can key in my Username: Administrator and Password: <no password> without any problem.

This is my original Computer Administrator user account.

And this my duplicated Computer Administrator user account by virus/malware. (The original name is "pywl$" but I renamed it to "Test")

But the problem is I can't remove the privilege or delete the "Test" account! Now I was logon with my "Administrator" account.

And the delete button seems to be not at there!

Any idea of this? I never have this kind of problem before so please teach me what to do. Thank you!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry, I have double post because I was unable to edit my first post. If there any info need me to provide, I will post here asap. And one more thing, am I post in the correct section? Should I repost in the general-computer-security section? Any online moderator can help me to move this thread?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

If you have your operating system Disk, I would reformat your hard drive and boot to a clean install. Upload your files you want saved to www.YourFileLink.com. Sounds like you have a hard to detect virus. Save yourself the frustration reformat. You may have already tried this but try "Avast virus cleaner tool", or "Trend Micro's Housecall". Good luck!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

I hope you dont have banking info or anything like that on your laptop. if you do i would not let that computer online until its clean "format"
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thank you guys who helping me out. I going to format my computer next week but not today because I was too busy lately. I have found the solution on others forum that taught me to delete the Test(pywl$) user account by using cmd.