Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Security and Firewalls

How do we create an audit report of SEP devices after software push?

This is a discussion on How do we create an audit report of SEP devices after software push? within the Security and Firewalls forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all; I am trying to pro-activley solve a problem identified to me by the security manager so if you

Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all;

I am trying to pro-activley solve a problem identified to me by the security manager so if you require more info to help, or if I should be in a different forum, please let me know.

I am involved in a project of rolling out SEE and SEP to 40,000+ devices. My involvment is to schedule the software push by subnet and followup to confirm that the software was installed succesfully.

No problem with the SEE console as our security people can generate a report of all SEE clients on the systsm.

The challenge we have is with the SEP console. Is there a device audit report available that scans to detect that the software was succesfully installed on the devices - preferably a report that lists all devices that have SEP installed no matter when? The security manager in charge of gettng me this report has shown me the various reporting tools in the SEP console and there is a scan feature that appears to reveal about 2/3 of the devices that have SEP installed however the remaining 1/3 show as failed scan and does not return a list those devices. With more than 40,000 devices to recieve software installs, it is critical that we are able to do an analysis in order to identify succesful and unsuccesful installs and for me to run a comparative analysis against our device inventory to ensure that every device system wide has SEP..

Can anyone offer any help or direction on this?

Many thanks in advance!!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotmail keep sending emails to my contacts
Help, my hotmail account keeps sending ads to all my contacts regarding a work at home scam.
bjarvis44281 Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-05-2011 06:15 AM
Malware
Hi, my laptop got hijacked. When I power my laptop it will bootup and then I will get a security alert that says, "Virus Alert! Application can't be started! The file mpcmdrun.exe is damaged. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? If you press yes, then it will open Internet...
dv82u Resolved HJT Threads 14 03-19-2011 12:46 AM
[SOLVED] Yet Another Antivira Av Virus :(
so I've gotten this virus Antivira Av that will pop up and say that I'm under attack... obviously fake. right now I'm in safe mode as i can't open anything other than the internet without Antivira closing it out. I couldn't find a save button for the Gmer log, so if necessary i can run it again...
chuckles3 Resolved HJT Threads 22 03-05-2011 11:39 PM
virus ends all programs, help please
Hello there, the other day whilst not really paying attention I allowed a fishy program to bypass my firewall, and it basically just shuts down any prgrm I open, and opens some fake virus software stuff. Anyways help please, I don't want to buy a new computer yet :grin:
redphase Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-25-2011 12:14 PM
Slow Computer - possible virus?
For the past couple days, my computer has slowed down. When I click to open an application, like the internet or MS Word, it's about two minutes before the application opens (yes, I have timed this). So, I tried to download the DDS file, and a dialog box opened, saying "The procedure * could not be...
alicerain Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 5 02-17-2011 03:29 PM