Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Security and Firewalls

firewall getting hammered 24 hrs a day

This is a discussion on firewall getting hammered 24 hrs a day within the Security and Firewalls forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just looked at my TREND MICRO INTERNET SECURITY firewall logs. I have UDP hits every few minutes, sometimes three

Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just looked at my TREND MICRO INTERNET SECURITY firewall logs. I have UDP hits every few minutes, sometimes three times a minute, 24 hrs a day, from a lot of different computers. Any idea of what is going on. I do not seem to be having any problems. Just seems strange to be attacked constantly from different sources.

Thanks

david???

Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Constant UDP hits can come from P2P file sharing using DHT. Are you using a wireless router with WPA encryption? Are all the hits targeting the same port number?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

koala,
There are a lot of destination ports. I had recently installed and downloaded a book on a file share site. Then I found out what it was all about and deleted and uninstalled every thing, I think. I will check and see if any part of this torrent program is still running and try to kill it. Just one more stupid tax for me to pay.

Any suggestions?

thanks
david