Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Closing Ports

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  johnwill 
#1 ·
I need help trying to close a port... Someone tell me the most simple way of doing this.

#2 ·
A firewall, available for free HERE.

Or you could buy a router with NAT protection (hardware firewall). Or you could get SP2, which has a firewall built in.

#4 ·
no, but if you read my previous post, you will read that the program is FREE as is the sp2 which comes with windows...

There are no commands available through command prompt that will close a port.

#6 ·
Well there is a certain port that im trying to close that has a block pn it that stops me from going to certain websites, like games and stuff. Well i just wanna play some games and i cant with the block on... So i figured out which port it is and im trying to close it. I mean, i have no game system, so now i cant even play games online!!! What GIVES?!?! :sad:

#7 ·
Well, normally opening ports is what's required to play on-line games, so I'm really confused.

Since you have provided no information about your network connection, what kind of ISP, what make/model of modem, router, etc., it's real hard to be more specific.

The SPECIFIC game site you're trying to access would also help, because someone here might actually know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.