Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Print sharing with Linksys Wag54 modem/router

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  johnwill 
#1 · (Edited)
Having set up a small Wireless network with 4 computers I have successfully got them all connected to the internet via the modem router. Each computer has a Network card connected and talks to the modem/router via Wi-Fi. I have set a wep key and have made it secure. One of the computers is linked to the modem via a Ethernet cable and is connected to a printer. What I want to do is share this printer with all the computers on the network. I have tried the network wizard in XP and this has not been a good result.

The wireless network does not seem to recognise the printer. Can anyone give me a simple step by step guidance on how to share the printer with all computers.

Thanks in advance

Mark

#3 ·
Another option is a print server. You can get wired print servers in the $50 range, wireless units are more expensive. Many of the newer All-In-One printers are already neworkable with a network interface installed, some even have on board wireless and bluetooth.

One benefit of the print server or networked printer is you do not need the "host" machine on and it may give a bit more flexibility on the printer location.

JamesO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.