Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > File and Application Sharing

How to run an ipconfig /all command?

This is a discussion on How to run an ipconfig /all command? within the File and Application Sharing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
2xg
Team Manager, Networking Forums, Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

How to run an ipconfig /all command?

For Windows XP Users:
There’s no need to select Run as Administrator, all you need to do is Click on Start and then Run and type cmd in the Open box and press enter.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users:
Click on the Windows Start button and type cmd, right click cmd on the top and select Run Administrator.

A message will pop ‘Do you want to allow the following program to make changes in your computer?’, Answer YES.

For Windows 8 Users:
From your desktop move the cursor to top right hand corner and the Start Menu will appear then click on Search....
In the Search box type cmd and click on Command Prompt from the list of Apps.

From the Command Prompt (black) screen, type ipconfig /all press enter. You will now see the results or output.

Note: You may also use any of these valid renditions:
ipconfig/all
ipconfig -all

To post the output in a Forum or Notepad, right click on the Command Prompt Window and choose Select All, then press Enter, open up Notepad or go to your Post from the Forum right click on it and choose Paste.

If you would like a text file output. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt then press enter. You will find the output in your Local Disk 'C'.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2013 Windows Expert Consumer
Networking Articles & Tutorials
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combofix deleted data
Hi, thank you for your reply and willingness to assist. - I attached the file and bellow is the DDS log text. - I am posting from a different machine. - My system language is french and I have the CD. Regards . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 Run by...
Belou Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 13 01-27-2012 03:38 PM
Google Redirect issue
Greetings. I have had a Google Redirect issue for some time now and have not been able to find out how to get rid of it. Recently, my laptop has begun to "slow down" in its performance and some redirects are starting to tell me that "this page is not functioning", redirecting me to a microsoft...
CurlinCanuck Resolved HJT Threads 33 08-19-2011 09:38 AM
Google Redirect Virus... Need serious help.
So I have tried just about everything that people have asked me to do to get rid of this thing (Combofix, malwarebytes, hitman pro, tdsskiller, rkill, list can go on and on.) Well just today I came across someone who mentioned HijackThis so I thought I would give it a go. But my issue about this,...
DogSir Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-03-2011 10:47 AM
Unknown Virus, need some help
Hello ladies and gents, Usually I do these fixes myself, but honestly I do not have the time anymore. Hopefully I can find some aid here. I run Windows Vista (*pukes*) on a Dell XPS laptop here, and am infected with some sort of virus that has downloaded what seems to be at least 10G, if not more...
Hireva Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 03-03-2011 03:26 AM