Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know of a program?

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  karsten 
#1 ·
A standalone that is, that can be run on a computer, and through encryption or not, through a browser, upload software from one computer to the computer running the standalone? I know I didnt explain it well but I dont want to write my own programing code, I am not that good at it. (I am not looking for p2p software, or any software that requires installation on both machines)

thanks

#5 ·
perhaps you would like to know what I am to use this for...
I run my own winamp/shoutcast radio station for like four of my friends,
and I was wondering if there was a program where they could upload files without my consent onto my computer to be broadcasted???
thanks

note i currently use shoutcast, winamp, wwwinamp to control remotely between the friends...

thanks again

#9 ·
https://secure.isandt.com/wwwftp/ftp.cgi

That is a web based FTP client.

Give your friends a link to that, and give them your FTP username and password.

If you need to set up an FTP Server, you can use FileZilla Server. Make sure you get the server and not the client. It will be a bit complicated, but we can go through it step by step.

(note, if you don't like FileZilla, browse sourceforge. I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands, of FTP servers there.

#12 ·
I know what you mean by setting up an FTP server, there are plenty of tutorials ou there that allow this FTP server creation, but they all use Windows XP professional, I have Windows XP Home Edition sadly. Is there a patch that I can obtain to create a FTP server... because if there isnt... I'm stopped after quite a few hours of work.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.