Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > File and Application Sharing

Cannot Print To Server Printer

This is a discussion on Cannot Print To Server Printer within the File and Application Sharing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a problem with my printer sharing. I cannot print from other computers on the network but I

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have a problem with my printer sharing. I cannot print from other computers on the network but I can access the other computers files. I have connected my printer to the main computer and I can see it on the other computers when I go and set it up but I can't seem to print from the other computers. I can print from the main computer. I have installed all the drivers aswell and it still doesn't work. Can someone please help? Very much appriciated!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

What is the version and patch level of Windows in use on the "server" and "client" computer? What it the make/model of the printer? How exactly did you install the printer on the remote computer? Did you let Windows load the drivers from the "server"?

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Old 07-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

well the main computer is pro and the others are home, all xp. the printer is EPSON rx620. and i have let windows install the drivers and also i have loaded the drivers from the cd but still no success.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Try this on one of the XP-Home computers. Install the printer like it's going to be a local printer, pick the default connection port. When you're all done, select printer properties, Ports, and create a new local port. For the address, put in the full path to the print, for example \\server\rx620.

See if that works.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread