Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > File and Application Sharing

3 TB Raid 1, seems slow on network (NAS)

This is a discussion on 3 TB Raid 1, seems slow on network (NAS) within the File and Application Sharing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a iomega X2 that I modified and put into a server rack case, Video here if anyone wants

Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a iomega X2 that I modified and put into a server rack case, Video here if anyone wants to see it

Anyways when transferring files to it I get very slow speeds, like 8-15 MB/s and even slower, I have a file server running Windows server and transferring over to that server I get the full gigabit speeds (100 MB/s). (no raid)

Am I getting the slow speeds on the NAS due to the raid 1 configuration its set up on ? I presume that is the problem but would expect it to be faster than that.

I have a job that copies files from the Windows Server to the NAS 1x per week, that way I can copy /back up files from the PC over to the Windows server at high speed, then the NAS can grab the files from that server for the redundant back up.

Any thoughts?
pcride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Have you verified the network settings of the NAS? Auto works 99% of the time, but it's not foolproof.

JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Make sure the nas is connecting at gig to the switch
GentleArrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD 0x1A running Viber 3.1.1.60 on W7x64
Hello. I've installed Viber for Windows onto my stable system. Now I'm getting occasionally a BSOD 0x1A during first running hour. Now I killed the Viber app after Windows start and work ok for 3 hours. The Viber log.log file says: Product version 3.0.0.133634 The viber.exe file version is...
pieceofbrain BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 09-28-2013 08:43 AM
farbar
I have tried nearly everything and can't find the program to get rid of this Ice virus I downloaded farbar and tried it with these results Please help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 25-06-2013 02 Ran by SYSTEM on 26-06-2013 09:31:13 Running from F:\...
kick-4 Resolved HJT Threads 29 07-08-2013 09:10 PM
Network App VERY slow unless I copy files at the same time
Basic info: SBS 2008 (64bit), XP-sp3 (32bit) workstations, gigabit switch, SEP. App is Sage Masterbuilder. Network config: Server is 1gb to switch over CAT6. All the workstations are 100mb over CAT5. SEP is set to exclude all pertinent files on both the server and workstations. Problem: The...
springer- Networking Support 4 10-05-2011 11:06 AM
Raid 5 Data Recovery What To Do When Raid Fails
If you're a big corporate house, you must know about Raid 5 data recovery because RAID is a kind of storage commonly seen in corporate high end computers. Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) is a technology that allows multiple disks to divide and replicate data, thus, perform ...
MoNnY Hard Drive Support 0 03-02-2011 01:36 AM
Creating RAID 0 with SAS hard drives(help!)
I will be installing four SAS type hard drives (Serial Attached SCSI hard drives)into a desktop PC and I will be creating a RAID 0 array. But because they're SAS type hard drives, I will need to use a RAID controller card which I have purchased also since there isn't any motherboard that I know of...
BillyGman Hard Drive Support 3 01-10-2011 11:49 PM