Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Protocols and Routing

[SOLVED] Resetting lorex system to default

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Resetting lorex system to default within the Protocols and Routing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi! i have a brand new (LH118501 ) 8ch and i cannot access the main menu because it keeps asking

Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi! i have a brand new (LH118501 ) 8ch and i cannot access the main menu because it keeps asking for the unit id and user and password. I don't remember adding one but it is possible i did.

I would like to know if there is a way to reset the unit to factory default so i can access the main menu. If not is there a way to bypass this so i can get into the main menu?

Thank you!

Old 07-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
To reset the device to factory default settings, take a paper clip, and push it in the reset button (which should be at the back of the device ) for 10-15 seconds.

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Jason09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Management Team Networking

Perhaps before doing a reset you pull out the manual and determine what the default name and password are? Then try those.

You need to know these anyway after a reset.

8 Channel Digital Video Surveillance Recorder, LH118501
Wand3r3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi and thank you for both your replies

First there is no reset button in the back of the unit and second i have read the manual and tried the default password they have and still nothing :(

Anything else i can do?

Help! lol
Cats
Old 07-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Have you tried contacting Lorex? By default there shouldn't be a password for the device, and if there's no reset button on the device there's not much else that can be done.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Old 07-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Management Team Networking

catsav did you read either the manual that came with the unit or the one I linked you to?

There are two accounts, admin and user. both by default have no password.

Still have problems after reading the manual and assuming you have connected the unit correctly to the network, either contact their tech support or return the unit for a different one.
Wand3r3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #7
Registered Member

Yes i finally got hold of tech support and the guy gave me a password and it worked..omg! i would have never guessed it lol!

Thanks for all your help
Caterhine
Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Glad to hear it's now working!
You can mark the thread Solved by clicking the Mark this Thread as Solved option under Thread Tools at the top of the thread.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:00 AM   #9
Registered Member

Done!

Thanks again for all your help
Catherine
Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #10
bck
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsav View Post
Yes i finally got hold of tech support and the guy gave me a password and it worked..omg! i would have never guessed it lol!

Thanks for all your help
Caterhine
Hi Caterhine,

How are you? I know it's been a few years since you posted your message and that you had successfully reset your Lorex admin password. I'm running into the same situation. Would you still remember the master password you got from tech support that you can give me to try? I've been trying to call Lorex tech support for days, and no one's answering the phones.

thanks,
Billy