Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Protocols and Routing

[SOLVED] How to check router IP?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] How to check router IP? within the Protocols and Routing forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We have a D-Link DI-604 router and we are trying to find out what the Internal IP is. No one

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

We have a D-Link DI-604 router and we are trying to find out what the Internal IP is. No one seems to have it on record anywhere. Is there a way to find this out without restoring the router to factory defaults and setting up everything again? Let me know. Thanks alot. It's not our default gateway, it's just simply a router that splits the connection to a couple of PCs.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
I helped the forums.

OS: XP-Pro Sp2 & XP-Pro Sp2 Tablet Edition, Vista Ultimate, Win 7

My System

try typing "ipconfig /all" in a cmd prompt it should show you what you want to know, note the space between ipconfig /all....its not a typo

Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

The router's base address will be the Default Gateway address.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

We are actually using Static IPs and the default gateway is the address of our Adtran box. What I ended up doing though is finding a command online that scans the network for all used IPS by sending one packet to each IP in a certain range and waiting for a response. It then wrote the ones that came back to a text file. I then found the one that wasn't an IP that a computer was using and Bingo. Logged in perfectly. I'll try to find that command if anyone is interested. Worked very well. Thanks guys.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

I use SuperScan for that function. Normally, it's not required to find your router, you didn't mention the extra equipment.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Closed Thread